Sunday 5 June 2011

My Favourite Illustrators

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, ours was very busy, but lots of fun!

I was looking through my inspirations folder on Saturday night and came across some fabulous images which inspired me to start a "My favourite illustrators" blog segment.

I thought we could step back in time for the first one. The feature illustrator today is Bernie Fuchs, Bernie started illustrating in the 1950's and is a very famous American artist noted as the Illustrator that gave the 1950's and 60's ads a look and attitude all of their own...here are some of my favourites.











This last one is my absolute favourite, I have a print of this one on my lounge room wall. Is it so gorgeously romantic.....aahhh!

And all done by hand, makes me feel pretty inadequate really, but something to aspire to :)

Images from here

1 comment:

  1. I especially love the bikini and vespa pictures...I can see why you are inspired...really lovely x

    ReplyDelete